QuickBooks Pro

David ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Sun, 14 Nov 1999 18:47:54 -0800

I have off the List for a bit and may have missed somethings.  I
have been using Quickbooks Pro for years and it works for
me.

> I do have a complaint about QuickBooks Pro, however.  I wish there was a
> way to inventory all my tools in QuickBooks Pro.

There is an inventory section in QB Pro.  I haven't used it as I
don't inventory items for resale.  Have you checked that out?
It may be able to track this sort of thing.

> Jim Harvey had a question about cash sales vs. invoices.  For what it is
> worth, I don't record things as cash sales.  Everything gets recorded as an
> invoice, even if I get paid the same day.  That may not be the answer you
> want, but it works for me!

I use Cash Sales for all my once or twice a year customers.
This eliminates thousands of customers in my customer file.  I
simply have the customers name after Cash Sales on the
invoice.  This is whether they pay me with cash or a check.
Don't matter.

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA
ilvey@jps.net