Steinway Fallboard Question

rchayden1@juno.com rchayden1@juno.com
Sun, 14 Nov 1999 19:44:05 -0800

How about a thirties grand, I think an Opera, where the stretcher was
removable, THEN you could get at the screws in the back of the cheek
blocks!!   That took a while to figure out.  That's the same piano the
cat threw up his fur-ball leavings into the damper system.

I have one grand, refinished by a non piano-wise refinisher, whose
varnishes have cemented the cheek blocks in forever.  Fortunately
everything is still working, but the day will come . . . . .

Roger Hayden, RPT