Stranger Buzz Musings

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Sun, 14 Nov 1999 22:34:29 -0800

At 09:58 PM 11/14/1999 -0800, you wrote:
>Susan,
>
>I thought we were way beyond graphite in piano work as
>technicians.  Why bother with Micro Talc for Spurlock?

I use Bill's teflon powder on knuckles, scrubbing it in with a piece of
hammer felt, which I find lasts longer.

For the tiny area of contact where the glides meet the inserts, I like the
6B pencil. It's dry, easy to use, has never made a mess for me, works, and
rubbing it on with the pencil burnishes it. I feel it'll stay put better
than trying to rub teflon powder into hardwood.

So, why the big deal over it?

Susan