The Great Roadtrip

Robert Goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 00:28:37 -0600

Vanderhoofven wrote:

> Dear Friends,
>
> I am considering taking a great roadtrip to California next February with
> my family.  The plan is to attend the California State PTG Convention in
> Santa Clara, visit for a week, and then attend the Yamaha Little Red School
> House.  The outward bound trip will go through Denver, Grand Junction, Salt
> Lake City, Reno, and San Francisco.  The return trip will be through Los
> Angeles, Las Vegas, Flagstaff, Albuquerque, Amarillo, Oklahoma City, Tulsa,
> and finally back to Joplin.
>
> I am hoping to meet with other piano technicians from the list during the
> trip to renew friendships, make new friends, visit and have a meal or a
> root beer together.  If you know of any piano manufacturers, piano dealers,
> museums, or other piano-related sights that I should not miss, let me know.
>
> We now return you to your regular programming...
>
> Cheers!
>
> David Vanderhoofven

Let me know when your in town and I'll take you on the "Grand Tour"!  (How many
other cities can you think of where you can go to Hollywood, New York City,
Paris, Italy, Egypt, Ancient Rome, get blown up by a volcano, get caught in the
cross-fire of a pirate ship battle, go on a Star Trek voyage, and see an Eagles
concert all in one stop).  The Grand Canyon is reasonably close too.  If you
can afford the time take a detour down Highway 89 from Flagstaff and see Oak
Creek Canyon and Sedona.  Have a thick butterscotch malt at the Red Planet
Cafe.  It'll be worth the trip!

Oh... and Little Red School house is a good idea too :-)   Might as throw
Disneyland into the equation while your at it.  What's another three hundred
bucks!!

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV