Stranger Buzz Musings

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 08:23:14 EST

In a message dated 11/15/1999 1:52:27 AM, Susan wrote:

<<"It's dry, easy to use, has never made a mess for me, works, and
rubbing it on with the pencil burnishes it.">>

I agree.

<<"So, why the big deal over it?">>
Because in the past technicians have misused graphite and graphite formulated
substances (VJ Lube, etc.) by using way too much in way too many places. Some
of this was to make up for lack of skill/knowledge in solving the real
problem and some of it was due to laziness and/or lack of pride in their
work.  I expect that were Protec black rather than clear we would see the
same over/missuse of it also.
 In my opinon graphite has a place in our 'lubricant' selection for those
places where it is suited, and burnished into glide buttons is one of those
places. Other substances will work but no better nor less messy than
graphite, when it is applied properly.
 Just my view.
Jim Bryant (FL)