QuickBooks Pro

harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 07:52:44 -0500

David, thanks for confirming the [quoted portion] below. It wasn't the
answer I wanted, but entering everything as a billable invoice was also the
only method I found that worked without being confusing.

Here's a suggestion for QB users. Take the time to enter additional data,
other than the customer's name. You might even consider using the 'notes'
area to record piano information, directions to home, and so on.

This is not so difficult if it is done -when- a new client is being
entered. And, should your primary client database ever become contaminated,
you have duplicate information stored in QB. Cutting and pasting between
windows is a lot easier than going through old invoices and re-inputting data.

At 06:15 PM 11/14/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Jim Harvey had a question about cash sales vs. invoices.  For what it is
>worth, I don't record things as cash sales.  Everything gets recorded as an
>invoice, even if I get paid the same day.  That may not be the answer you
>want, but it works for me!

Jim Harvey, RPT
Greenwood, SC
harvey@greenwood.net
 -- someone who's been in the field too long.