Moutrie spinet from Hong Kong

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 14:50:20 -0700 (MST)

Hi Dorothy:

As was the case with the early Japanese and Korean pianos, the early
Chinese piano manufacturers did not understand the necessity of drying
the pinblock stock like we do here in the States. If the piano has been
here in the States for a year or two already, you might try the pinblock
restorer followed by CA treatment. Otherwise, the piano is history. Time
for the burial.

If you should be persuaded to try the pinblock treatment, it is always
good to mix a little water with the glycerine based restorers. I gives
more immediate results and will be helpful in curing the CA if you should
decide to use that also a week later..

Jim Coleman, Sr.