dropped SAT

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 18:33:37 -0600

Vanderhoofven wrote:

>Dear Friends,
>
>There was a thread a while back about how long an Accu-Tuner would last vs.
>how long a lap-top computer would last.
>
>On Thursday morning, I accidently knocked my SAT II off the top of a 45"
>studio piano when putting tools away.  One corner of the casing has a crack
>about an inch long, but the Accu-Tuner is still working just fine.  If I
>was using a lap-top computer, I would be shopping for a new computer about
>now!
>
>Thanks to Dr. Sanderson for designing Accu-Tuners so well!

SAT's are designed very well indeed. The worst accident I ever had with
an SAT was in a megabuck mansion; as I was about to put things away after
the tuning I somehow caught the SAT foot pedal wire with one of my
extremities, whipping the SAT through mid-air crashing it in to the wall
where it left a mark in the dry wall the exact length of the SAT.
Although the SAT mostly continued to work, it did lose its MIDI
capability so it did eventually have to be sent in for repair.

Laptops are capable of surviving accidents as well. As a matter of fact,
there is a web page where Mac Powerbook owners delight in swapping horror
stories about the spills and thrills their machines have survived:

http://www.ogrady.com/articles/extreme_powerbooks.asp

Kent Swafford