Stranger Buzz Musings

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 22:03:19 EST

<<"Graphite versus Soapstone.  Any comments?" >>

Carman;
 Soapstone is basically 'talc', with various binders, that occurs naturally
throughout the world. The various binders might make some soapstone good for
light lubrication and some not so good or even bad.  Of course the same could
be said of graphite :-)
except that in graphite the 'binder is selected by the manufacturer rather
than nature. Even then there are various grades of commercial 'soapstone'
produced by the addition of a selected binder to plain talc.
 I don't like the use of talc personally, but I have no quarrel with those
who do.
Jim Bryant (FL)