How does CA cure?

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 20:30:19 -0600

> I believe that using the kicker when doping pinblocks may be a mistake,
> because it might set up the top layer, leaving the rest, deep in the hole,
> sealed in so that moisture and air can't break down the stabilizer.
> However, this is merely conjecture on my part.
>
> Susan Kline

As long as we are on conjecture, I can imagine the action of CA glue on tuning pins.

It "glues" the pin to the sides of the pinblock hole.  When the pin is turned this
breaks the bond. The pin now is coated with bits of dried glue and broken off
pinblock crumbs. The pin is now held because it is rough as in a rasp.  And the more
it is turned as in tuning..... are you getting the same picture I am? 	The reason
for my conjecture is that once I put CA on bass T pins, and voila they were tighter.

Then I had to let the bass strings down and when I turned them back up, not so
voila, as in,  as they were.   ---riconjecture