How does CA cure?

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 19:57:49 -0600

>I'm beginning to think that this CA repair is a good approach to take.

Hi Susan,
               As far as I'm concerned it's the magic elixir for field
repairs, the red Hot Stuff is usually tunable after 30 min. I use NO
accelerator and dose several applications at about 5min intervals.
There is enough evidence to convince me the CA glue is stronger if left to
it's own good time to cure.
I no longer tap pins on grands, why bother? time you get the block jacks in
place etc, the CA is well on the way to cure enough to tune.
On verticals you can get a good idea if has set enough, by plucking the
strings. Just remember to remove the action before tilting.

Regards Roger
Roger Jolly
Saskatoon, Canada.
306-665-0213