Modulus of Elasticity

Wasson Kerrick wkerrick@mindspring.com
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 23:53:46 -0600

Does anyone happen to know, or know where I can find, approximate =
typical values for the modulus of elasticity for spruce both along the =
grain (the rib) and across the grain (the soundboard)?   This comes up =
because the technician installing the new soundboard for me wants to =
decrease the width of the new ribs yet leave unchanged the stiffness of =
the soundboard/rib assembly.  Obviously, the new ribs will need to be =
taller, but how much?  Armed with enough facts, I am confident that I =
can figure this out with some practical degree of accuracy.

Wasson Kerrick, RPT
Owensboro, KY
wkerrick@mindspring.com