S&S Parts

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 15:47:53 -0600

> Well Sir there is the on and off button/key on the fax utility.

* Yes, if your computer is on all day, and someone is around to sort the
incoming, yes?

>And...
>horrors.... if you are serious about your business there is always the option
>of a second line dedicated to the computer/fax thingee as well as being an
>"if you need me call this number and I will answer line".  Before I got my
>second line I used answering machine/telphone/fax thingees all together and
>never had the 'fax screechees'.
>I suppose it all depends on the settings/capabilities of the fax thingee used.

* Yea, probably. I just never seemed to need fax capabilities badly enough
to have to find a better way.

> Ron isn't there a free program floating around where you can receive faxes
>via e.mail through  something called "e.faxes" ??  Anyone??

* There is, but I never chased it down. I might very well have written off
a good thing without a trial, but I don't like dinking with things
unnecessarily. I don't feel the need to converse on the phone while I'm
driving either. Just not normal, I guess.

> Of course perhaps by the time Karin,or anyone else, got all this figured out
>time would be saved driving to the closest faxxerplace :-)
>Jim Bryant (FL)

Ah, the crux.  %-)

Ron N