Strings height

Rogério Cunha rogeriocunha@openlink.com.br
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 21:08:14 -0200

Newton Hunt
Today I went 180 Kilometers ( 120 miles) out from Rio in order to install
the action of the Steinway that I received in order to shape the hammers
head, lubricate and regulate.
As I said I was far way from the piano and Newton Hunt send me the way  to
calculate the height of the strings.
This was very, very, very good .
I did all the regulation after to calculate the strings height and the
result was wonderful !
Today I could to measure the strings height of the piano and the difference
between the calculated and measured heights was only 1 millimeter ! Very
very good.
Thanks Newton .