S&S Parts toll free 1-800-366-1853

John Hartman pianocraft@sprintmail.com
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 20:25:23 -0500

Roy, I hear ya,

If there is anyone still interested in ordering $&$ parts they should
definitely take advantage of their toll free number 1-800-366-1853. You
will get the main switch board so ask for the parts department.

I haven't used it recently since the only items I still buy from them
are action rails and the 1-1/4" long let-off screws. I do extensive
rebuilding on $&$ grands(about 100 complete rebuilds with new sound
boards since 1986) to earn a living and have found it relatively easy
and much better for my clients to purge my shop of all genuine parts.
Recently I needed a set of pedals and a plate and found that Ramsy would
no longer sell to me in small quantity. They suggested I call APSCO. It
cost about the same as $&$ (with the usual 300% mark up from wholesale!)
but I feel better not feeding such an aggressive competitor. BTW APSCO
is much better with service these days. I have absolutely no problems
from my clients not using genuine parts.

There is no reason to be trapped buying from one source anymore with so
many suppliers interested in our business. These places are serious
about helping piano techs and re-builders and have brought many new
products to the market. I still remember the not so good old days when
there were not choices.

JH