Dampp-Chaser Theory/possible application

RptBob1@AOL.COM RptBob1@AOL.COM
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 12:42:14 EST

In a message dated 11/19/99 7:41:41 AM Eastern Standard Time,
hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu writes:

<< were any covers available which hung down
 lower to the floor than just barely below the rim.  (i.e from knee to ankle
 length rather than mini-skirt)  It is a school environment with ceiling fans,
 so air circulation is a big factor.

 Does D-C need Beta testers?

 Are there any cover makers who regularly make cloth ones?

 Any idea how much extra one might have to shell out?

 Anybody have experience with such things?

CONRAD: What might work much better than a skirt to counteract the wind/air
would be to install a mylar sheet under the rim of the piano cutting out an
area for the dc water tank to fit through it.  I have tried it on a piano
sitting directly in front of a large cold-air return and it worked wonders
after being in place for just three months.  Tuning stabilized on the Yamaha
G2 into which I placed the mylar. Got the mylar from Dampchaser though I
think it might be available other places.
Bob Bergantino, RPT
Willoughby Hills, Ohio