CA glue and bridle straps

Mike McCoy mjmc@attglobal.net
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 15:21:08 -0500

Hi Dave,

 No last rites for this one! This was an experiment on 90 yr old
butts..(that doesn't sound good). The straps come off just fine with an
xacto knife, glue and all. I was out of hide glue flakes and was in an
experimental mood. The drop of CA glue was used to make it tack in place
quickly.

Mike

""Did you give the hammer butts their last rites?  CA glue in my humble
opinion
is excessive. Even with yellow glue. All you need is either hot hide
glue, or
liquid hide glue. Should you even need to replace them again you can
then
steam or clean the glue easily. With CA you cannot.  By the way, with
the
action upside down in the cradle, and the hammer butts facing up, I can
glue
in the straps in 30 minutes or less, using the hot hide glue method.""

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland Chapter
Oregon City, OR"""