Speaking of Baldwin action noise...reply

RptBob1@AOL.COM RptBob1@AOL.COM
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 21:27:02 EST

In a message dated 11/20/99 5:04:34 PM Eastern Standard Time,
cedel@supernet.com writes:

<<
 Your meaning wasn't clear to me.  Have you already replaced three hammer rail
 springs in one piano, or all the hammer rail springs in three pianos?  I
don't
 hope we're starting >>
Clyde:
It was 3 springs in one piano.  The springs remaining are showing signs of
corrosion at the coil and I'm expecting more to go.  I suggested to the
customer that all should be replaced at one time, but she wasn't ready for
that-yet.
Piano is out of warranty, i would imagine (it's at least 6 years old). The
keybed rises and falls with the seasonal changes-although it seems to have
stabilized in the past year.  The house is a very dry- hot water heat- place,
but customer isn't interested in a DC system.  "I'm saving money to send my
kids to college, blah,blah,blah", she states.
The she gets into her Mercedes and leaves me in the house alone with the
Maid.  Nuff said?
Bob Bergantino
Willoughby Hills, Ohio