Concerts in general

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 23:07:52 EST

I had a situation years ago when a promoter called me and said their tuner
did not show up and needed me right away.  I showed up, they were having a
sound check, and the top sound fellow, called me into his office, was very
angry, and asked me why I showed up late. After he found out that I was
called later, he told me I needed to stay for an hour or more after the sound
check.  I said, fine but my price is $$/hour, even if I wait. You are not
charging extra, he said. I told him that my time is valuable too and I will
get paid accordingly.  Finally the promoter came in the office and asked me
to come back and will pay me for my time for showing up, and extra for
working after hours.

You got to hold your ground in concert work, or you will get run over.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland Chapter
Oregon City, OR