CA glue and bridle straps

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 23:07:51 EST

In a message dated 11/20/99 12:42:20 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mjmc@attglobal.net writes:

<< Hi Dave,

  No last rites for this one! This was an experiment on 90 yr old
 butts..(that doesn't sound good). The straps come off just fine with an
 xacto knife, glue and all. I was out of hide glue flakes and was in an
 experimental mood. The drop of CA glue was used to make it tack in place
 quickly.

 Mike >>

How would they come off, say 5 to 10 years down the line?  For example, I can
glue a hammer butt today, then tommorrow, or 5 days later, remove the hammer
without splitting the shank. As the glue ages, the more difficult it is to
remove the item cleanly.  Bottom line is to use the proper glue, i.e. hide
glue and save yourself from the extra work later.

Dave