An interesting dilemma?

Paul McCloud smccloud@ix.netcom.com
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 07:58:43 -0800

Phil:
    I suggest you take Don Mannino's advice regarding the "growing"
action brackets.  If you search the archives on this topic you'll find
more info, as it has been discussed before.  I personally have seen
several pianos that had these brackets which were indeed larger than
they had been at manufacture.  When we got replacement brackets, we
measured the old ones.  It seems the bracket metal crystallizes and
increases the dimensions of the brackets.  Kind of like water when it
freezes gets bigger.  The regulation changes as a result of the
increased size, which causes the hammers to block and other crazy
things.
    Paul McCloud
    San Diego