Jack Spring experiment (offtopic)

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 12:47:48 -0800

>John R. Fortiner
>Billings MT ( where winter is approaching at a much too rapid rate )
>Come to think of it, maybe we could warm up the state if we had enough
>jack springs.  For that to work, however, the jack springs would have to
>be compressed in warm Florida and then transferred to Montana. :-))

Don't worry, we've already taken care of warming up Montana. We just hop in
our little warming devices and drive all over the place. They have a
two-part action: (1) They generate heat themselves, by burning gasoline,
and (2) They preserve more heat by producing carbon dioxide, so it doesn't
escape into space. So, we're all part of a "Warmer Montana" task force. <grin>

In fact, in your own lifetime, you may notice Montana getting warmer!
Oregon had temperatures in the 70's during November this year, and they say
we're getting results from driving done thirty years ago. (We've been
warming Montana for a loooong time already. Well, Montana's a big place.)
Remember the "ice man" from about 1500 B.C. which they found in the
Austrian alps a few years ago? That means that ice was melting which had
been laid down thousands of years ago. Old Chinese curse: "May you live in
interesting times." Maybe I should start the citrus seedlings now? <grin>

Susan