Jack Spring experiment (offtopic)

John R Fortiner pianoserv440@juno.com
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 14:10:34 -0700

Well, golly geeeeeeee Susan,
	I'm sorry for never thanking you for helping warm up Montana.  However,
you did neglect two aspects of your little "warming" devices that you
drive all over.  As you drive little bits of rubber are getting worn off
the tires and get into the air ------- and I just know that some of that
stuff gets onto the firewood that is burned by so many of us.  We can use
all the calories and BTUs that we can get.  Second way is just by
driviing around - at least if you are doing it in this state, a certain
amount of heat is being produced from the friction between your probably
not-so-well waxed "warming device" and the cold air in the state.  Come
to think of it if the air is colder than any other given temperature -
that means that your "warming up device" will be rubbing against even
more air molecules - producing even more heat.  <GRIN>

John R. Fortiner