baldwin console

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 17:33:12 -0500

Les,

     I would experiment with only a couple keys first, find out for sure what
the problem is, then fix it on the whole piano.  That should save you from
biting the bullet for doing a lot of work.  To answer directly the question
you asked, yes, I probably would bite the bullet, but I'd really be mad at
myself.
     I try to look at these things from the client's point of view.  Would I
want to pay a piano technician for a lot of work that didn't improve the
situation because of a wrong diagnosis?
     I made the wrong diagnosis twice that I can remember.  In each case I
credited the client with the amount I originally charged, although one
refused to accept it.  All of us have done, or will do, something
"stoooopid"  <G> in our careers.  Assuming we don't do it too often, it
really isn't that big a drain on your annual income, although it may be an
expensive lesson.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger