Jack Spring experiment (offtopic)

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 15:09:50 -0800

Hi, John

comments interspersed ... heck, they're so offtopic that of course they
should be really spread around ...
>.  However,
>you did neglect two aspects of your little "warming" devices that you
>drive all over.

Sorry. Like many who drive the warming devices, I get distracted by the
fringe benefits, and ignore the main Warm Montana purpose.

>  As you drive little bits of rubber are getting worn off
>the tires and get into the air ------- and I just know that some of that
>stuff gets onto the firewood that is burned by so many of us.  We can use
>all the calories and BTUs that we can get.

If you can even get some good from the shreds of rubber, imagine how many
BTU's you're gaining by my hot air! Not to mention all the electrons I'm
sending winging your way! So, I'm a three-way-Montana-warmer! As for
calories, I'm wearing FAR, FAR too many! If only a way could be devised for
me to transfer some of them to you!

>  Second way is just by
>driviing around - at least if you are doing it in this state, a certain
>amount of heat is being produced from the friction between your probably
>not-so-well waxed "warming device" and the cold air in the state.

Sorry, this won't work. My warming device is very shiny and nicely waxed by
a modern space-age polymer, which I only need to smear on once a year. I
don't drive in Montana, you know! This is the West Coast! We take our
warming devices verrrrry seriously out here.

>Come
>to think of it if the air is colder than any other given temperature -
>that means that your "warming up device" will be rubbing against even
>more air molecules - producing even more heat.  <GRIN>
>
>John R. Fortiner

<GRIN> don't know about air temperatures, but our West Coast habit of
speeding no doubt generates some extra frictional heat ... like rubbing
your hands together very fast. Have a good winter, John. It's an even bet
whether the Willamette Valley in Oregon will get ANY snow this year.

Susan