Victor console

Graeme Harvey gharvey@netsource.co.nz
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 20:22:36 +1300

Hi there Stephen,

Sounds like your week got off to a bad start.
I vaguely remember some of those Victors, originally supplied as rental
pianos by some importer around 1988. I looked up some old blurb I still had
and it reads like something out of Korea at that time, Royal George hammer
felts, Roslau string wire, Delignit pin block etc etc.
Of course it does't matter how good the pinblock is if the wrong dimension
holes are drilled for the tuning pins.
More recently, this same importer has been supplying pianos from Guangzhou
Piano Group in  China with the same stencil, Victor.
Very recently (earlier this month) this has changed so the same pianos will
now be marketed as Beale.

Anyway the history of Victor doesn't change anything with the problem you
encountered.
I would more than likely have done as you did. Though if it gets traded you
may eventually meet it again sometime and then what?
Regarding the second question, the tight pins may have been aided by WD40
(gasp-shock -horror!) as in another thread on this list.
Tongue firmly in cheek of course, :)

Regards

Graeme Harvey
New Plymouth NZ