Victor console

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 18:49:25 +0100

Robin Blankenship wrote:

> Ron,
> A former head tech at S&S told me that there, the stringers and chippers
> turn the pins back and forth a lot for the specific reason of reducing
> jumpiness. I've tried it. It seems to help but is not a cure-all.
> Robin

I have heard from a former Bosendorfer man that they rub talc on the tuning pins
before banging them in for the same reasons. Not sure if it is true, never had
to remove a tuning pin on a Bosendorfer. But then there are only a couple three
or four around here..

Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G. N.P.T.F.
Bergen, Norway