Wisdom of Newton

JStan40@AOL.COM JStan40@AOL.COM
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 14:07:28 EST

In a message dated 11/25/99 12:49:08 PM Central Standard Time,
owner-pianotech-digest@ptg.org writes:

<< Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 10:41:31 -0500
 From: nhunt@jagat.com (Newton Hunt)
 Subject: Giving Thanks

 I am alone.
 I am separated by emotion and distance.
 I am impaired, physically and by health.
 I am getting old.
 I am an orphan.

 I am ever so grateful that I have a wonderful daughter, a roof over my
 head, friends that love me, family that loves me.  I have experience
 and knowledge I can share and I am grateful that I knew my parents and
 that my daughter knows hers.  I am alive, mobile and able to do for
 myself.

 I am grateful that I have an active mind and have the intelligence to
 use it for others benefit.

 I look at the world around me and realize how fortunate I and our
 nation is to be safe, without want, without fear and with a future
 utterly unimaginable but a short time ago.

 Let us know our faults and endeavor to improve ourselves and help
 those less fortunate than we to realize their freedom and potential.

 My friends I am thankful and grateful for each and everyone of _you_.

 Be of good cheer for we are indeed fortunate.

 Happy Thanksgiving to each and everyone of you.

 With love,

        Newton Hunt

As a list-lurker who rarely posts, may I say what all of us already know?

Newton, you are a gentleman, a scholar, a person of great wisdom and a
treasure to this List and profession.  Rarely have I encountered so
heart-felt and so accurate an account of this season--and for that, I am
thankful that I have learned to know you, if only from a distance.

Long may you wave!

Stan Ryberg
Barrington IL