Sheffield wire?

Barrie Heaton Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 18:29:06 +0000

In article <0.d2369d81.256db5f0@aol.com>, BobDavis88@AOL.COM writes
>Barrie,
>Thanks for the source. I am looking for smaller wire, #3 (0.3mm). I had hoped
>for "in-stock" instead of special order. I don't know what the client means
>by "Sheffield wire" or where he got it originally. There are two wiremakers
>in Sheffield, but they don't list music wire specifically on their Web sites.
>
>I found Hecksher's catalog online, but they carry Röslau. Do you have a
>catalog for Fletcher and Newman, and do they list what kind of wire they
>carry?

Hi Bob,

They only stock the same a Heckschers None of the company's in Sheffield
make piano wire. I have read some were... that their is a wire maker in
the South of England that makes a low carbon wire but I can not find it
. You could try one of the Harpsichord makers see if they use a low
carbon wire and where they get it from.

                 Anden Houben Harpsichords

                 501 Main Avenue
                 Northport, Alabama, 35476
                 USA

                 Tel: (205) 758 8471
                 Email: AndenH@aol.com

                 HUBBARD HARPSICHORDS. INC.
                 Site in the USA

                 31 Union Avenue
                 Sudbury, MA 01776
                 USA

                 Contact: Bud Fine bjfine@worldnet.att.net
                 Tel: 508-443-3417
                 FAX 508-443-3584

                 ROBERT MORLEY & COMPANY LTD.

                 34 Engate Street
                 London SE13 7HA

                 Contact: Mr John Morley
                 jvm@morley-r.u-net.com
                 Telephone No: 0181-318 5838
                 Fax No: 0181-297 0720

JOHN STORRS WORKSHOP

                 Oakley Court,
                 Benson,
                 Wallingford OX10 6QH.
                 England.

                 Phone and fax (44) (0)1491 832932
                 Email jsw@storrs.demon.co.uk

Good luck

Barrie,

--
Barrie Heaton               Ý The U.K. Piano Page:
http://www.a440.co.uk       Ý http://www.uk-piano.org/