A new technique for easing tight tuning pins

John R Fortiner pianoserv440@juno.com
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 11:48:18 -0700

On Fri, 26 Nov 1999 11:29:47 -0900 "Joe & Penny Goss"
<imatunr@primenet.com> writes:
> Robert,
> This  works for me.
> For tight or sticky pins, loosen the pin if it is a single 3/4 turn
> and work
> the pin back and forth 1/4 turn, ten to fifteen times and pull back
> up to
> pitch.
** Isn't that another method of producing heat via friction between the
pin and block??  If heat does make the fit a little freer I would think
that either method would be OK.  I'll have to try it.
John Fortiner
Billings, MT.