Kimbal/Piano disk

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 08:18:20 +0100

Hi Joe.  The clatter is more then likely due to the solenoids, so your
analysys of the situation is probably more or less correct. Do NOT try
to do
anything about this until checking a few things out. Piano Disk has
changed what
soloniods they use over the years and some of these react very badly to
any kind of lubrication.

As far as dags and whatnot... the more solid everthing is in the piano
action, the better. Tight screws.. etc... but then you know that...:)

The best thing you can do for your customer is track down a good
pianodisk installer (and I mean a good one...grin) and have him service
the piano
disk. Or perhaps you might take the wonder course and learn a bit about
these
things yourself. Good luck, and dont do anything I wouldnt do... but if
you
do... name it after me...grin

To the others on this replying to this post. This is a typical piano
disk problem. The key here is that the noise doesnt happen unless the
piano disk is playing. All solenoids will start clacking sooner or later
if they are not serviced from time to time. Piano disk supplies I think
an updated solenoid rail in the case of old types that are
unserviceable. Grin.. you just got to get them to send you one...

Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.
Bergen, Norway