Nordic languages 101

Antares antares@EURONET.NL
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 10:47:14 +0000

And isn't it funny that in Dutch, which has many resemblances with old
Icelandic) we have the same word : GEK, meaning crazy.
I also liked that word Prikk, for stick. In Holland there is a verb
"prikken" for picking (like with voicing)

And I too have known some Icelanders who studied piano here in Amsterdam
with Willem Brons.
One of them was Gugga, a pianist, and I believe she had work at a
conservatory in Reykjavik.
Do you know her? she is a red head.