String breakage in relation to hammer mass

John R Fortiner pianoserv440@juno.com
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 15:12:30 -0700

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't care to be within miles of a
hammer traveling at the rate of "c"  ( 186,000 miles per second )  :-)))
For what it is worth that formula E=mc^2, for which Einstein is
justifiably accredited,  deals with the energy that is theoretically
available if any mass is converted into energy.  For just that reason
this formula does not apply to piano hammers as they are not being
CONVERTED into energy - as if they were there wouldn't be a hammer left.
It does apply to things such as nuclear reactions, explosions, and the
likes.   Sunday ramblings.............
John R. Fortiner
Billings, MT.