A new technique for easing tight tuning pins

Paul S. Larudee larudee@pacbell.net
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 18:26:54 -0800

Richard Brekne wrote:

> Grin... Sounds like you came accross an example of the infamous "Etude" make. Or
> perhaps more then one russian make has this problem. The Etude was sold here in
> Norway for just a couple years before even the dealers found out this was a bad
> investment.

Possibly the same provenance, but the make was (in Cyrillic) MOCKBA
(pronounced "moskva"), meaning "Moskow."  They also make other
instruments.  (Or made - I don't know if they exist anymore.)

Paul S. Larudee, RPT
Richmond, CA 94805