What would you do?

Joe & Penny Goss imatunr@primenet.com
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 07:26:03 -0900

Looseness of pins is most likely to overheating of the drillbit during =
pinblock drilling
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Jarred Finnigan=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, November 28, 1999 11:01 PM
  Subject: What would you do?

  Hi list!
  I have recently subscribed to this list and before posing my little =
dilemma I would just like to express how grateful I am for the great =
wealth of experience that exists out there, thanks!

  I do a fair bit of tuning for one of Australia's largest piano houses =
and today came across a slightly unusual problem (unusual to me anyway). =
 I was pitch raising a brand new "Gors & Khalman" upright out of the =
"Pearl River" factory in China (yuk, awful).  As you will know if you =
have ever had the "privilege" of tuning one of these instruments they =
typically have extremely tight tuning pins.  This one had very loose =
pins two of which would not even hold pitch.

  Of course I have been asked to write the mandatory report.  Apart from =
the obvious re-pin, what would you do?
  Any replies greatly appreciated.

  Jarred Finnigan
  APTTA    PTTG (VIC)