String breakage in relation to hammer mass

John R Fortiner pianoserv440@juno.com
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 09:15:34 -0700

On Mon, 29 Nov 1999 10:26:26 -0500 nhunt@jagat.com (Newton Hunt) writes:
> Einstein HAD the value for C whereas Newton did not otherwise...
Possibly, as "C" is the speed if light in CENTIMETERS per
second.............. Lets see..... 186,000 miles per
second...........5280 feet per mile, 12 inches per foot, and 2.54
centimeters per inch.  Now multiply all those numbers together (longhand
if you have the time - and enough pencils...........  AND when you are
done, don't forget that the number in that famous formula is C^2  which
means that you'll have to multiply your result by itself!!
Someone already said that the number was "huge".  C^2 is "huger, more
huge, gargantuous, totally awsome..........
An exercise for those times when you have nothing else to do or you can't
go another minute without a serious case of writer's cramp. <GRIN>
John R. Fortiner