What would you do?

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 16:17:24 -0600

You have to ask yourself, how would you like to find out after you bought a
piano, that the tech and dealer patched it up sufficiently to pass as
serviceable so they could sell it to you? How about next year when the tech
starts telling you you need to pay for regulation and repair work that
shouldn't be needed if the piano was in reasonable shape in the first
place? How about if the tech seems really happy and grateful for this
opportunity to enhance his income at your expense, like he was expecting it
all along? How about if the tech you called after you ran the first guy off
told you that the tuning pins had been CA'd before it was delivered to you
originally? You can't tell from the original tech's bank account how the
money was earned any more than you can tell from your own the quality of
the merchandise you bought, so it must all average out for the best. Right?

Our customers are, literally, at our mercy with stuff like this, just as we
are each at the mercy of service people we hire with the hope that we will
be treated with some consideration for our best interests, rather than as a
source of protein.

Do what ever you think is right.

Ron N