Down-striking discovery (non-technical)

Clark caccola@net1plus.com
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 22:28:32 -0200

Conrad Hoffsommer wrote:

> Dare I ask how you acquired this knowledge about WurliTeazer?  Were you
> rolling it end over end instead of using a dolly, and stop to play a tune??
>  ;-}

As usual here, someone started something and realizing they couldn't finish
gave the job to me as is (actually simple case repairs). I voted to knock the
legs off and put casters on the lid, change the pedal action so they could be
played with a forehead. This way I wouldn't need to crouch underneath the
keybed to violently crank the soft pedal.

> Re: Down-striking actions. Aren't the d-s grand actions 'interesting'?
> Maybe they were planning ahead about 165 years...

If somehow we could build up the association I've discovered between the d-s
actions and spinets, to paraphrase Dolge we could suggest that in the absence
of the former, some of the latter be used for heating ...

Clark