hollowground screwdrivers

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 18:21:06 -0500 (CDT)

>Does anyone know of a company that makes hollowground screwdrivers suitable
for the various uses that we need them for?  Pat

Depends on what's suitable, and for what uses. Check an industrial supply
for Proto, or Snap On. Check Green Valley Tools, or Garret Wade. Phone a
gunsmith and ask where they buy theirs. Try Brookstone. I've seen hollow
ground screwdrivers sold as "cabinet makers'" screwdrivers. Then go to a
hardware store, buy a decent screwdriver of the appropriate size, take it
back to the shop and grind the blade any way you want it on your bench
grinder. Screwdrivers need to be reshaped periodically anyway, so why not
just make what you need in the first place?

 Ron N