Balance rail bearings

MMiccio@AOL.COM MMiccio@AOL.COM
Sat, 2 Oct 1999 19:05:49 EDT

Hi there,

Using  the same method that Newton suggests, I use a pair of tweezers that
are angled at the tip for Steinway balance rail bearings.  They are about 7
inches long and angled about 45 degrees for 3/4 inch at the tip.  These also
make it easier to get at the rear balance rail punchings on other pianos and
any piano with shorter key sticks (hence smaller openings on the underside of
the keyframe). By the way, I can't remember the last time I took the action
off the frame to level keys.

Mike Miccio, R.P.T.
Brooklyn NY