Rebuilding prices

Mark Bolsius markbolsius@optusnet.com.au
Sun, 03 Oct 1999 09:42:17 +1000

> Perhaps you are looking for information on the hours that each job =
> should take first. Then add the cost of materials and you will have your =
> personal price quote.

Good start but all you have is your _cost_! You also need to add a certain
amount of margin
to this. You could treat this as your wholesale rebuilding cost (to dealers
and other technicians) where you know you most likely won't have much to do
with the piano after it's sold or returned, but you need to allow for
warranty or follow-up service later.

Otherwise you only end up working for wages.

The notion of charging enough to enjoy the work is a good one....you don't
want to compromise the quality because you begrudge what you are earning for
a particular job!

I collected some prices from Geneva International for their rebuilds at the
KC conventionif you're interested, I'll email them to you privately.

Cheers
Mark Bolsius
Bolsius Piano Services
Canberra Australia