balance rail bearings

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Sun, 03 Oct 1999 13:48:58 -0400

Before S&S went to half rounds they had a sole plate on the bottom of
the key.  In many  cases they put the plate on the top of the key.  In
some cases they did not.  I had to Ds where they did not and the key
flexed like crazy just as if the balance rail was unsupported.  Took
me a while to figure that one out I'll tell ya.
		Newton