Caster Cups - odd behavior

BSimon999@AOL.COM BSimon999@AOL.COM
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 22:23:51 EDT

Today I tuned for a customer of mine who bought a DH Baldwin grand 10 years
ago.

Spartan room, beautiful hardwood floors, --- she has top quality big caster
cups sitting just inches from each leg, totally unused for 10 years now!  I
always ask if I can put the casters into the cups. No, - She wants to be able
to move it a few inches to put the piano in a slightly better spot. In 10
years it hasn't moved an inch. Would you like to store these in a drawer or
closet and get them out of the way? - No - they are all right where they are,
she will put the piano on them when the final location is determined.  This
lovely little old lady is 91 years old, 91 pounds, and can barely raise the
fallboard.

It occurred to me that members of this list post about odd things, and I
thought this was sufficiently odd. I would bet that no one else has seen this.

B. Simon,
Phoenix