Stranger than fiction?

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Tue, 05 Oct 1999 16:41:32 -0700

At 09:47 AM 10/05/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>_Give_ it to him with proper cautions and a written disclaimer of
>responsibility when he must sign.
>		Newton
>
>> Roy Ulrich wrote:
>>
>> Sorry for the of topic, but let me run this by you people - I have a
customer that wants to experiment with piano wire in his weed eater ILO
plastic. He apparently has a machine that uses 24" x 3/8" (or so) plastic
strands that wrap somehow around an armature adn thinks that piano wire
would be more effective. Dare I give him a piece to experiment with? I'm
having trouble with product liability in that because I know what his
intended purpose is I am not without responsibility in selling the product
for a purpose for which it is not intended. What if somebody gets hurt if
the wire gets loose? Ideas?

>> Roy Ulrich

Give him a written explanation of why he must not use piano wire (or any
other wire) in a weedeater, and refuse to give him the wire.

Sounds like he's a candidate for the Darwin Awards!

Susan