Musings (off-topic and non-technical)

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Sat, 9 Oct 1999 16:08:45 -0500 (CDT)

>It seems not that long ago that mass-marketing started the day after
>Thanksgiving. At this rate, within a couple years we'll be hearing Bing
>Crosby's "White Christmas" on July 4th.
>
>Jim Harvey

That reminds me, I never did find that recipe for marinated reindeer. Pity,
it makes such a nice light meal. Also, has anyone got a source of dependable
heavy duty spring traps that won't keep sliding off the roof? A good roaring
fire will keep the second story sociopath in the red suit at bay, with a
plate of very stale cookies on the mantle just in case he slips past you,
but it's a shame to let that good reindeer meat esc... er, pass without some
of it sticking around for the New Year's Eve party. You ever have, reindip?
My roof lights are a problem too, this year. It's one of those old series
wired sets, and I'm going to have to go through the whole string to find the
bad bulb(s). I hope I don't have to replace the set, it was a real bear last
time, trying to get the length to come out right. Humb... Humbu... Humbuc...
humbug--... (rats!).

 Ron N