rubber buttons

Ed Carwithen musicman@eoni.com
Sat, 09 Oct 1999 17:45:45 -0700

AAARRRGGGHHHH!  I removed the cheek blocks from a fairly NEW Samick grand
piano, prepatory to working on the action.  I carefully laid the cheek
block on the floor by the right leg, and the rubber button that protects
the finish from the fall board promptly fell out of the cheek block and
rolled two feet over to the heating vent, into which it disappeared forever.

I tried getting a replacement from Schaff...it came, wrong size.  I called
the Samick dealer in Seattle...number changed.  No new number available.
Help!!!  It's bad enough that I feel like a dork for losing the dang thing
in the first place, but to not be able to replace a part that comes 10 for
a quarter of a dollar is really pathetic!!

Suggestions???