New Musings (semi-technical)

Ken Jankura kenrpt@mail.cvn.net
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 19:32:39 -0400

At 11:23 PM 10/9/99 -0400, you wrote:
>What we really wanna' know about (even after your private reply - thanks!)
>are the virtues of that Ruxxac Folding dolly you mentioned long ago. What
>tricks does it do other than fold up? Since there are dollies and other
>dollies, is this for transporting actions to/from the service vehicle? Is
>it long enough? Is it heavy? Do you even own one, or just lookin' and
droolin'?

>Jim Harvey, RPT

I own two actually, or we do anyway. My spouse leads a blues band and uses
one to haul some speakers, amps etc. from the van and back. Hers has a
fold-down platform part of about 15", it's 44" long, 275 Lb. capacity.
Handles fold down, platform folds up, wheels fold in. 2-1/2" deep and
lightweight. Hers is so cool, I bought the slightly smaller one, 40" long,
platform depth of 9", for action transport. The length is smaller than a
grand action, but I've had no trouble holding the balance rail (from
underneath) and the handle with one hand. There is also a very nice bungee
type tie-down system that works great. The large wheels roll relatively
easily up and down stairs. I think it's very nice, maybe even worth the
price. Jim, I'll have it in the van in NC and you can take a look for
yourself.

Ken Jankura
Newburg, PA

By the way it's in Reliable Office Supply
1-800-735-4000
Cat. # 139RX90751    $117.99
The bigger one is Cat. # 139RX90765    $132.59