who is sheldon smith?

Brian Henselman musicmasters@worldnet.att.net
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 14:51:36 -0500

Paul,

You make some excellent points here.  I agree that it is unlikely that a
high caliber technician will leave his or her successful business elsewhere
just to move to the Bay area.  Also, considering the caliber of technicians
in your area, you are very wise to suggest that he try other techs nearby.
It would also be a good idea for Mr. Creasy to seek recommendations from the
list for good technicians in the Bay area.

However, I still don't believe that it is demeaning to "any" of us if he
should wish to locate a technician from outside your area.  Yeah, It's
pretty unrealistic, and I for one have been burned by clients seeking an
"expert" from out of town, but it's still not "demeaning" unless we choose
to take it personally.

BTW: I think that Richard Brenke said just what you just said quite
artfully.  The Bay area is full of great technicians, and hopefully this
"gap" will be filled soon by the local talent.  I personally believe that is
Mr. Creasy's best chance for success.  It would be pretty nuts for someone
to drop a successful business elsewhere, and move to an area that has so
much talent, in the hope of surpassing his or her success where her or she
just came from.  However, San Francisco has so much culture and flavor to
offer.  Maybe a young "wiz" of a tech would be interested, but I doubt that
is what Mr. Creasy is looking for.

Thanks,
Brian Henselman, RPT