Corfam in YC - speaking of YC

Brian Henselman musicmasters@worldnet.att.net
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 15:04:58 -0500

Jay Mercier wrote

>The more YC s I tune, the more I don't like 'em.  But one will arise to
>surprise me here and there.  Just last week I tuned a 1990 YC F108 43"
>console and enjoyed the little amount of work I had to put into it.
>Extremely stable without humidity control, no hammer wobbles, buzzes or
>regulation problems. - The customer has it tuned once per year because the
>kids take piano lessons.  They bought and received a great piano for the
>money.

I agree completely.  Yes, one will surprise me from time to time too.  I
just wish really good YC's were the norm and not a "surprise."

I also note that even the ones that "surprise" me quickly wear.  Is it me,
are do Young Chang's have really cheezy bushing cloth, and other wool
components?  I've never seen another brand that rattles and clatters so much
after only a year's use.  Has anyone else noticed how noisy these pianos get
with only a moderate amount of use?  Model 185 grands seem to get especially
noisy in a very short while.

Cheers,
Brian Henselman, RPT