Fwd: Hiya Tom!

Thomas D. Seay, III t.seay@mail.utexas.edu
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 05:11:03 -0500

I was asked to post this to the list:

Hello List--  Has anyone ever seen a "Shill Portable Piano"?   It was
made by the Keyaction Corp. based in Los Angeles.  It is listed in
the Pierce Atlas, but there are no dates, since there seem to be no
serial numbers.

Had a gentlemen "find" it in a shed, wanting me to appraise it.  He
brought it to me in the back of his pickup, and by golly, the darn
thing is in a Suitcase!  It was designed that way, and it isn't
electric.  It's an acoustic piano, aluminum frame, keys, and even
hammer shanks, but there are copper wound bass strings and square
tuning pins.  It even has aluminum balance rail pins, and the keys
are properly bushed!

I took some polaroids of it and told him I'd get back to him.  Anyone
heard of such a thing?  They must have made enough of them to get
listed in Pierce, but I just have no inkling of dates or anything.
I'm pretty sure the guy just wants to turn it around and make a quick
buck, but it would also be quite a novelty to have in the PTG
Foundation Museum, n'est pas?

Info will be most appreciated and please respond to me privately.

Ricki Klos, RPT (PTWQ)
Austin, Tx.
mailto:ricochet@mail.utexas.edu

Many thanks,